Welcome to our online store! Whimzy provides services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop within this website, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
Whimzy is a business in the Corporate branding, décor and gifting industry that provides consumers with high-quality products in home accessories, branded items and other goods.
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Whimzy shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Whimzy bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Whimzy via PayFast, which is an approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. Users may go to www.payfast.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Whimzy separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayFast’s secure site. For more details on PayFast refer to www.payfast.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Whimzy takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Whimzy chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 6-7 Hilton on Fields, 7 Hilton Place, Kloof, Durban.
Whimzy may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
Whimzy contact details
Company Physical Address: Hilton on Fields, 7 Hilton place, Kloof, 3610
Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 031 942 7907
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Whimzy may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Whimzy and Payfast are committed to keeping you, your customers and all sensitive information secure. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions.
PCI-DSS Level 1 Compliant
- We use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.
- All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.
- We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.
- Our entire site, blog, payments page and help site all are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.
- 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.
- Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.
- We use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.
- Our system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.
- We use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.
- Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.
- All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by our stellar Support Team.
Delivery of goods
Whimzy offers delivery of Goods to you via courier.
Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you, so please check the FAQs for the most up-to-date information. You will see the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.
Once your order has been accepted, Whimzy will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible. Our standard delivery period for Goods is within 3 – 7 working days of receipt of your payment, depending on the items and quantity ordered. We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
Whimzy’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. Whimzy is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.